Format & Call Letters
Agriculture News/Talk/Weather Radio- WKAN 1320 AM & 103 FM.
WKAN AM & FM is Your Dependable Neighbor and a one-stop shop for all things for farm and ranch in news and weather!
Agriculture generates 20 percent of the U.S. gross national product. WKAN AM & FM is dedicated to being Kankakee and area agriculture source. From keeping producers informed about what’s happening in their industry to educating consumers we keep you informed with the latest agriculture news you need to best manage your business.
Farmers and ranchers listen to WKAN AM & FM for farm news, weather, markets, and ag information. In fact, According to Brownfield Ag News found that radio surpassed all other forms of media for farmers and ranchers every single day and that 89% of farmers and ranchers listened to farm radio nationwide at least three times per week!
WKAN AM & FM reports on farm and ranch news including poultry, dairy, beef, horses, sheep, row crops and forages, farm business management, product information, farm safety, new ag initiatives, organic farms and farming, legislative matters, rural issues, market conditions and more for ranchers and producers.
WKAN AM & FM has been Kankakee's locally owned and operated dependable neighbor for nearly 60 years, and strives to bring content to the airwaves that farmers in a saturated market can rely on daily. WKAN AM & FM keeps listeners informed.
For those in agriculture, WKAN AM & FM provides the most comprehensive coverage of markets, farm news, and coverage of local, statewide and national events. If agriculture needs to know, they turn to WKAN AM & FM.
WKAN AM & FM delivers Ag News that connects producers with consumers. More ranchers & farmers listen to Ag Radio more than any other radio format!
WKAN AM & FM is targeted to reach Affluent Men 35+ with high earning power in their prime spending years.
- The Ag News/Talk programming is the No.1 format to market, producers & farmers.
- The Ag News/Talk programming targets adults aged 35 + and producers 25+.
- The Ag News/Talk programming has some of the most educated and affluent listeners.
WKAN AM & FM is very active in the farm and ranch community,
WKAN AM & FM Ag News Talk format is a very effective way to reach new Ag customers with a high disposable income.
WKAN AM & FM Listener Profile
WKAN AM & FM targets listeners in their prime spending years.
The KASM listener:
- Are the decision-makers of their household and/or farm.
- Are loyal and listen for long periods of time.
- Are business-savvy and look for information to keep them informed on their market and keep their businesses profitable.
- Are primary 35 to 64+ with a secondary demographic: 25 to 54.
Gender Profile: The majority of WKAN AM & FM's listeners are males. Most of this consumer group falls significantly into the important 25-64 age group.
Marital Status: Most of WKAN AM & FM's listeners are married or engaged.
Occupation Profile: WKAN AM & FM targets individuals who are employed full-time in a variety of occupations including farmer, rancher, owner, manager, professional, clerical, trade, skilled sales, and technical of farms or ranches.
Education Profile: The Ag News/Talk Format attracts listeners that are well educated. The majority have attended or completed college.
Activities: WKAN AM & FM attracts listeners who actively participate in exercise and fitness, biking, hunting, fishing, boating, golfing, gardening, and hiking. WKAN listeners enjoy going out to music concerts, sporting events, bars, and restaurants.
Investments: WKAN AM & FM targets listeners who have high incomes, are homeowners and invest in mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, and investment real estate.
WKAN AM & FM listeners are a demographically appealing group that includes high-income earners and is a very effective way to reach new Ag customers.
Market Your business to thousands of potential customers each week with WKAN AM & FM.
Consumer Spending And Investment Profile
WKAN AM & FM's News/Talk/Sports/Ag Radio format attracts consumers that spend heavily in the following categories in the past year.
Many of WKAN AM & FM's listeners:
- Purchased books in the past year.
- Purchased garden supplies in the past year.
- Purchased flowers as a gift in the past year.
- Purchased men's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased men's shoes in the past year.
- Purchased women's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased fine jewelry in the past year.
- Purchased children's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased wine and beer in the past year.
- Purchased goods online on the Internet in the past year.
- Purchased small appliances in the past year.
- Purchased a vehicle in the past two years.
WKAN AM & FM targets listeners with retail purchasing power.
WKAN AM & FM Listeners Have Spending Power!
WKAN AM & FM targets home owners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement.
Home Spending: WKAN AM & FM listeners spend heavily in these areas.
- Interior painting/wall paper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home project(s)
Over 50% spent more than $5000-$10,000 on home improvements and renovation in the past two years.
WKAN AM & FM Ag News/Talk/Sports Radio targets listeners with purchasing power.
WKAN AM & FM Listeners In The Past Year:
- Purchased a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smart phones, MP3 players, and HDTV's.
- Were big consumers of furniture, mattresses, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchase fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoyed going out to fine restaurants often every month. Over 80% went out in the past month.
WKAN AM & FM listeners are in their prime income and spending years.
WKAN AM & FM Is Built For AG Advertisers
Ag Talk radio is foreground radio. Unlike music radio, talk radio commands attention. Talk radio listeners aren't just button-pushers who stop pushing buttons when they hear a song they like. They're LISTENING, closely.
Ag Talk radio is the best environment for an advertising message. Because Talk Radio is the spoken word, commercials don't interrupt programming the way they halt music Radio. In music Radio, the most common point of tune-out is when a commercial begins. Yet Talk listeners regard commercials as informative.
Ag Talk radio is a resource. Because listeners use it for Ag news, weather, sports scores, and business news, listeners find talk radio informative. They BELIEVE what they hear.
Ag Talk radio listeners are more involved. Because they're paying attention, and bonding with on-air personalities, they're more likely to respond to advertising messages.
WKAN AM & FM is unique from other radio formats. Due to the nature of this format, people listen to WKAN AM & FM differently.
WKAN AM & FM is a high impact foreground listening medium. We cater to affluent, fast-paced professionals who love to hear the latest Ag news, sports, weather events and stories.
WKAN AM & FM listeners are actively listening to get the Ag information they want. Your commercial message cuts through and gets heard on WKAN AM & FM.
Research has shown that News Talk Radio is 3.3 times more effective in general advertising results than music stations, making it a must buy for advertisers wanting to increase business.
WKAN AM & FM is built for Ag advertisers. We deliver an affluent audience that can't be reached by any other radio station making WKAN AM & FM a great investment to help you get more customers.
The WKAN AM & FM can help you make the right marketing decisions to grow your business and reach thousands of potential new customers each week.
Inside Ag Feature M-F, 5:30 AM
Illinois Ag Show M-F, 5:32 AM
Inside Ag Feature M-F, 6:30 AM
Ag Feature M-F, 6:33 AM
Morning Ag Update M-F, 7:50 AM
Ag Weather M-F, 7:54 AM
Market Price Update M-F, 9:45 AM
Market Price Update M-F, 10:45 AM 60 sec
Local Cash Grain Report M-F, 11:30 AM
Ag Weather M-F, 11:45 AM
Inside Ag Feature M-F, 12:15 PM
Midday Market Report M-F, 12:30 PM
Ag News Update M-F, 12:45 PM
Ag News Update M-F, 1:15 PM
Ag News Update M-F, 1:30 PM
Market Price Update M-F, 1:45 PM
Local Cash Grain Closing Report M-F, 4:45 PM
Closing Markets M-F 5:50 PM
WKAN AM & FM Ag News/Talk is one of the most powerful performing formats for Ag advertisers today!
So Why Advertise With WKAN AM & FM
- Get top of mind awareness with thousands of customers each week.
- Increase traffic with a campaign designed to increase sales.
- Drive new traffic to your business seven days a week.
- Build your business’s image with potential new Ag customers quickly.
- Reinforce your brand's name and image with current customers.
- Increase recall with Ag consumers during the important buying cycle.
- Priced right making it a very affordable investment.
WKAN AM & FM reaches the right people who have Ag spending power!
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here